|CGS - Shanghai Maritime University|
Scholarships at Shanghai Maritime University, to boost the collaboration and accepting between the people of China and other countries, expand exceptional international talent and foster the insight of China’s higher education; Shanghai Maritime University (SMU) is offering application to full-time study for 2018 Chinese government scholarship program.
To make easy the execution of the Chinese Government Scholarship, the following detailed achievement has been issued in agreement with the “Chinese Government Scholarship Application Method”.
No IELTS, English Proficiency Certificate will work
Program Category Type A generally refers to scholarship programs responsible by authorities other than Chinese universities. Applicants of Type a programs are requested to fill in the ‘Agency Number’ of above mentioned agencies (e.g. Chinese Embassy in your country). Applications of Type A will be reviewed by these agencies.
Program Category Type B: generally refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under CGS-Chinese University Program. Applicants of Type B programs are requested to fill in the ‘Agency Number’ of above mentioned universities. Applications of Type B will be reviewed by these universities.
Application Deadline: 30 April
· Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health;
· Applicants should be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
· Applicants should be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
· Applicants should be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
· Applicants should be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs;
· Applicants should be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
· Applicants must not be a student of Chinese University at the time of application;
· Applicants should not be holding scholarship of any other category from Chinese government.
· Exempt from tuition fee,
· On- campus accommodation,
· Living stipend (Masters Students :3000RMB/month, Doctorate Students: 3500RMB/month)；
· Outpatient medical fee (the outpatient expense in the University’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the University) and Chinese Government Scholarship Foreign Students Medical Insurance (800RMB/person/year).
Note: For more information, please consult Chinese Government Scholarship Council Webpage at www.csc.edu.cn